Could you help shape a brighter future?
We are looking for a talented Project Manager who can help us in our mission to accelerate the smart and sustainable transformation of cities.
Urban Foresight is an award-winning strategy and innovation consultancy that is focused on the smart and sustainable transformation of cities.
We undertake research, run projects, develop strategies and business plans to advance new solutions for smart and sustainable cities. Our diverse client base includes national governments, local authorities, public agencies, international NGOs, universities, blue chip corporates and high-growth SMEs.
Our unique approach is to combine expertise across the different sectors and services on which cities rely. This includes transport, energy, environmental protection, economic development, data, infrastructure and innovation.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Project Manager to assist in delivering exciting projects focused on future city challenges for clients in the private and public sector.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join our new team in Dundee. The role will involve providing project management assistance for some our more substantial projects, notably our role as programme office for The Mobility Innovation Living Laboratory (The MILL) which will establish the city of Dundee as a test-bed for innovative technologies and business models related to transport and mobility. Core responsibilities will include:
- helping the Programme Manager to ensure the delivery of the programme in line with the requirements of the funders;
- monitoring and reporting on progress, the achievement of key milestones and budgetary spend;
- reviewing Contractor applications for payment;
- stakeholder engagement activities, through structured interviews, facilitated workshops, questionnaires and private meetings;
- helping to deliver communications, dissemination and marketing activities, including organisation of stakeholder visits and events;
- maintaining registers of project and funding opportunities.
The role will also involve the management of smaller consultancy and innovation projects as well as preparing bids for funding, with external partners or for client bodies.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would have:
- a passion for sustainability and urban innovation and be motivated to have a positive impact on future city challenges;
- experience of successfully managing innovation projects in collaboration with external partners;
- a relevant degree level qualification and over 3 years relevant experience;
- experience of project management processes (e.g. agile or similar);
- proven competency in managing publicly funded projects;
- track record of managing relationships with clients, board members and project funders;
- excellent report writing skills, with an ability to clearly summarise findings and offer meaningful insights;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
Desirable skills include:
- experience of working in a consultancy environment;
- experience of working in both the public and private sector;
- experience of business development and bid writing;
- comfortable working with technical and commercial teams;
- experience of providing a Board secretariat function;
- knowledge of developments in smart mobility, particularly in relation to shared mobility and connected and autonomous vehicles.
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering letter by 18th April 2018 sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your covering letter your salary expectations, notice period and where you saw the job advertised. Please note that candidates that do not submit a covering letter will not be considered for this position.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview. We apologise that we cannot reply to all applications, but we thank you in advance for your interest in this role.