Location: Dundee (centre)
Salary: Pro rata equivalent of £16,000 – £20,000 full time salary
Start Date: January 2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Part-time: 15 to 20 hours per week during office hours, over at least 3 days. Working pattern to be agreed with successful candidate.
We are seeking an experienced business administrator to be responsible for essential business support to our small but busy consultancy team in Dundee city centre.
We work on a wide variety of projects to address future city challenges, and so are passionate about innovation and sustainable development. The ideal candidate would be enthusiastic about what we do, highly organised, motivated, and with prior experience that evidences an ability to work independently and manage their own time.
The successful candidate must have the following capabilities/ experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience within an administrative or similar professional role.
- Degree level qualification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent IT skills, specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent time and task management skills
Desirable skills and experience could include:
- Event organisation and management
- Project record keeping and document control
- Supporting the preparation of consultancy bid documents
- Proof reading
- Document formatting
- Writing minutes of meetings
- General accountancy experience
- Human resource management
The role will include but is not exclusive to:
- Senior team diary management
- Arranging domestic and international travel
- Organisation of events such as workshops, meetings and company representation at conferences
- Processing expenses and preparing invoices
- Managing queries on the phone, via email and in person
- Managing social media accounts
- Supporting development of web content
- Document preparation, formatting and checking
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering letter by 29th October 2017 sent to: people@urbanforesight. org. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview. We apologise that we cannot reply to all applications, but we thank you in advance for your interest in this role.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.