Could you help shape a brighter future?
We are looking for a talented consultant who can help us in our mission to accelerate the smart and sustainable transformation of cities.
Cities around the world are facing social, economic and environmental challenges that demand long-term strategies and innovative solutions. Urban Foresight is an award winning consultancy focused on meeting these challenges.
We undertake research, run projects, develop strategies and business plans to advance new solutions for smart and sustainable cities. Our diverse client base includes national governments, local authorities, public agencies, international NGOs, universities, blue chip corporates and high-growth SMEs.
Our unique approach is to combine expertise across the different sectors and services on which cities rely. This includes transport, energy, environmental protection, economic development, data, infrastructure and innovation.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced consultant to deliver exciting projects focused on future city challenges for clients in the private and public sector.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join our new team in Dundee, working closely alongside our team based in Newcastle upon Tyne. Typical project activities will include:
- developing feasibility studies, commercialisation strategies and business models for innovative products and services addressing future city challenges;
- preparing reports and presentations to advise clients on options, risks and appropriate actions;
- preparing bids for funding, with external partners or for client bodies;
- developing strategies and frameworks to promote sectoral growth;
- developing and managing living laboratory projects;
- policy research and insights;
- stakeholder engagement, through structured interviews, facilitated workshops, questionnaires and private meetings;
- building, managing and promoting stakeholder networks.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would have:
- a passion for sustainability and urban innovation and be motivated to have a positive impact on future city challenges;
- experience of delivering projects for clients as an external consultant or advisor;
- a relevant degree level qualification and over 3 years (Consultant) / 5 years (Senior Consultant) relevant industry experience;
- expertise in analysing problems, finding information and quickly developing an understanding of new areas;
- excellent report writing skills, with an ability to clearly summarise findings and offer meaningful insights;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- competencies in both quantitative and qualitative research.
Desirable skills include:
- a Masters level qualification;
- experience of working in both the public and private sector;
- experience of business development and bid writing;
- advanced analytical skills and experience of handling and interpreting datasets to deliver meaningful insights;
- in-depth technical knowledge and personal networks in some of the sectors in which we work.
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering letter by 7th January 2018 sent to: people@ urbanforesight.org. Please indicate in your covering letter your salary expectations, notice period and where you saw the job advertised. Please note that candidates that do not submit a covering letter will not be considered for this position.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. As part of this commitment, consideration will be given to requests for part-time working in this role, subject to this satisfying the required business need.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview. We apologise that we cannot reply to all applications, but we thank you in advance for your interest in this role.