Could you help shape a brighter future?
We are looking for a talented and highly experienced consultant who can help us in our mission to accelerate the smart and sustainable transformation of cities.
Cities around the world are facing social, economic and environmental challenges that demand long-term strategies and innovative solutions. Urban Foresight is an award winning consultancy focused on meeting these challenges.
We undertake research, run projects, develop strategies and business plans to advance new solutions for smart and sustainable cities. Our diverse client base includes national governments, local authorities, public agencies, international NGOs, universities, blue chip corporates and high-growth SMEs.
Our unique approach is to combine expertise across the different sectors and services on which cities rely. This includes transport, energy, environmental protection, economic development, data, infrastructure and innovation.
We are looking for individuals who are comfortable working across professional disciplines and have a keen interest in technology, policy and business models.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced consultant to oversee and deliver exciting projects addressing future city challenges, with a particular focus on electric mobility.
This permanent role will be a key position in our team in Newcastle, responsible for:
management and delivery of projects for private and public sector clients
leading input from a team of consultants to deliver high quality reports to clients
business development to win new work
Typical project activities will include:
- preparing reports and presentations to advise clients on options, risks and appropriate actions;
- developing feasibility studies, commercialisation strategies and business models for innovative products and services addressing future city challenges;
- developing strategies and frameworks to guide public and/or private sector investments;
- preparing bids for funding, with external partners or for client bodies;
- policy research and evidence-based analysis;
- stakeholder engagement, through structured interviews, facilitated workshops, questionnaires and private meetings;
- building, managing and promoting stakeholder networks.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would have:
- a passion for sustainability and urban innovation and be motivated to have a positive impact on future city challenges;
- at least 5 years experience of working in the electric vehicle sector;
- a track record of delivering consultancy projects for clients;
- a track record of successful business development and bid writing;
- confidence working across professional disciplines and a keen interest in technology, policy and business models;
- expertise in analysing problems, finding information and quickly developing an understanding of new areas;
- excellent report writing skills, with an ability to clearly summarise findings and offer meaningful insights;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver engaging presentations;
- competencies in both quantitative and qualitative research.
Desirable skills include:
- experience of working in both the public and private sector;
- proven competency in strategy development and business analysis;
- in-depth technical knowledge and personal networks in the electric vehicle sector.
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering letter sent to: email@example.com by 26th March 2018. Please indicate in your covering letter your salary expectations and notice period.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. As part of this commitment, consideration will be given to requests for part-time working in this role, subject to this satisfying the required business need.