Start date: Immediate
Salary: £ competitive
Could you help shape a brighter future?
We are looking for a talented individual who can help us in our mission to accelerate the smart and sustainable transformation of cities.
Urban Foresight is an award-winning strategy and innovation consultancy. We undertake research, run projects, develop strategies and create business plans to advance new solutions for cities and communities. Our diverse client base includes national governments, local authorities, public agencies, international NGOs, universities, blue chip corporates and high-growth SMEs.
Our unique approach is to combine expertise across the different sectors and services on which cities rely. This includes transport, energy, environmental protection, economic development, data, infrastructure and innovation.
Urban Foresight has been appointed to set-up and run a programme office for the Mobility Integration Living Laboratory (The MILL) which will establish the city of Dundee as a test-bed for innovative technologies and business models related to transport and mobility. Urban Foresight will be responsible for managing a programme of innovation pilots delivered by external businesses, facilitating innovation workshops, and disseminating outcomes.
This role is for the Partnerships Manager who will be responsible for managing relationships with key stakeholders, developing opportunities to attract new investments to the city and taking a key role in Urban Foresight’s business development activities to secure new commercial opportunities.
The MILL has received over £1.4 million funding from Dundee City Council and the Scottish Cities Alliance administered 8th City Strategic Intervention and the Cities Investment Fund.
The funding allocated at this stage is to develop the programme office and deliver four pilot projects by March 2019. These projects are currently being procured, and will encompass pilots related to car sharing, fleets, smart parking and open data platforms.
This role will be a key position in the successful delivery and development of The MILL programme. It is also an exciting opportunity to help establish and grow our new Dundee office.
The Partnerships Manager will be responsible for:
- building, managing and promoting a proactive reference and networking group of key stakeholders locally, across Scotland and internationally;
- establishing relationships and generating collaborative opportunities to develop a pipeline of new projects which will attract further investment to Dundee and ensure a sustainable future for The MILL;
- maintaining a register of project and funding opportunities;
- providing capacity building and project development support to promote the ‘graduation’ of pilot projects to successful commercial ventures;
- managing the relationship with The MILL Board;
- meeting the requirements of the project funders in relation to communications and dissemination activities;
- planning and hosting events and stakeholder visits, ranging from regular local networking meetups, to broader forums intended to engage national and international interest;
- representing Urban Foresight and The MILL at external events, including giving engaging and visually appealing presentations;
- delivering communications and marketing activities to establish The MILL as a powerful and widely recognised brand.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would have:
- a passion for sustainability and urban innovation and be motivated to have a positive impact on future city challenges;
- a track record of building, managing and maintaining stakeholder networks;
- a degree-level qualification;
- over 5 years relevant industry experience;
- a successful track record of generating and securing business opportunities leading to tangible investments;
- extensive relevant local and national networks;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver engaging and visually appealing presentations;
- knowledge of how to formulate successful commercial ventures and generate new revenue streams;
- ability to write compelling commercial propositions, business cases and funding applications.
Desirable skills and experience include:
- comfortable working with technical and commercial teams;
- experience of working with the public, private and third sector;
- experience of facilitating workshops and stakeholder meetings;
- experience of presenting and exhibiting at conferences;
- experience of organising events.
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering letter by 12th August 2017 sent to: email@example.com. Please indicate in your covering letter your salary expectations, notice period and where you saw the job advertised.
Please note that candidates that do not submit a covering letter will not be considered for this position.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview. We apologise that we cannot reply to all applications, but we thank you in advance for your interest in this role.
Consideration will be given to requests for part-time working in this role, subject to this satisfying the required business need.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.