Start date: Immediate
Salary: £ competitive
We are looking for a talented project manager to deliver a £1.4 million flagship innovation programme in Dundee.
Urban Foresight is an award-winning strategy and innovation consultancy that is focused on the smart and sustainable transformation of cities.
We undertake research, run projects, develop strategies and create business plans to advance new solutions for cities and communities. Our diverse client base includes national governments, local authorities, public agencies, international NGOs, universities, blue chip corporates and high-growth SMEs.
Our unique approach is to combine expertise across the different sectors and services on which cities rely. This includes transport, energy, environmental protection, economic development, data, infrastructure and innovation.
Urban Foresight has been appointed to set-up and run a programme office for the Mobility Integration Living Laboratory (The MILL) which will establish the city of Dundee as a test-bed for innovative technologies and business models related to transport and mobility. Urban Foresight will be responsible for: managing a programme of innovation pilots delivered by external businesses; facilitating innovation workshops; and disseminating outcomes.
This role is for a Project Manager who will have day-to-day responsibility for the successful delivery of the project.
The MILL has received over £1.4 million funding from Dundee City Council and the Scottish Cities Alliance administered 8th City Strategic Intervention and the Cities Investment Fund.
The funding allocated at this stage is to develop the programme office and deliver four pilot projects by March 2019. These projects are currently being procured, and will include pilots related to car sharing, fleets, smart parking and open data platforms.
Urban Foresight’s role as Programme Manager is to:
- assist in the procurement and lead in the subsequent management of the innovation pilots;
- ensure the delivery of the programme in line with the requirements of the funders;
- monitoring and reporting on progress, the achievement of key milestones and budgetary spend;
- provide the secretariat to The MILL Board;
- deliver communications activities to establish The MILL as a powerful and widely recognised brand;
- deliver a programme of activities that are aligned with the core living laboratory processes of ideation, co-production and venturing. These living laboratory activities will support the development, delivery and scaling up of the innovation pilots, as well as supporting the wider objectives of The MILL including community engagement and the development of a pipeline of new projects to attract further investment to Dundee.
- develop this future pipeline of projects to ensure a sustainable future for The MILL and realisation of further positive benefits for the city, country and wider sector.
It is intended that the Project Manager role will be supported by the Project Director, Partnerships Manager, Communications Manager, and the wider Urban Foresight team.
This role is an exciting opportunity to play a key part in the delivery of an ambitious and innovative programme. It is also an opportunity to help establish and grow our new office in Dundee.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would have:
- a passion for sustainability and urban innovation;
- a track record of successfully managing a portfolio of innovation projects delivered by external partners;
- experience of project management processes (e.g. agile or similar);
- proven competency in managing ERDF funded projects;
- a degree-level qualification in a relevant subject;
- over 10 years relevant industry experience;
- track record of managing relationships with clients, board members and project funders;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to prepare reports and deliver engaging presentations;
Desirable skills include:
- experience of working in both the public and private sector;
- knowledge of the innovation funding landscape;
- knowledge of developments in smart mobility;
- comfortable working with technical and commercial teams;
- experience of providing a Board secretariat function
- excellent local networks in areas relevant to the sectors in which we work.
- a successful business development track record;
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering letter by 12th August 2017 sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your covering letter your salary expectations, notice period and where you saw the job advertised.
Please note that candidates that do not submit a covering letter will not be considered for this position.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview. We apologise that we cannot reply to all applications, but we thank you in advance for your interest in this role.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.