Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: £ competitive (depending on experience and qualifications)
Could you help shape a brighter future?
We are looking for a talented consultant who can help us in our mission to accelerate the smart and sustainable transformation of cities.
Cities around the world are facing social, economic and environmental challenges that demand long-term strategies and innovative solutions. Urban Foresight is an award winning consultancy focused on meeting these challenges.
We undertake research, run projects, develop strategies and business plans to advance new solutions for smart and sustainable cities. Our diverse client base includes national governments, local authorities, public agencies, international NGOs, universities, blue chip corporates and high-growth SMEs.
Our unique approach is to combine expertise across the different sectors and services on which cities rely. This includes transport, energy, environmental protection, economic development, data, infrastructure and innovation.
We are looking for individuals who are comfortable working across professional disciplines and have a keen interest in technology, policy and business models.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced consultant to oversee and deliver exciting projects focused on future city challenges.
This permanent role will be a key position in our team in Newcastle, responsible for:
- management and delivery of projects for private and public sector clients
- business development to win new work
- leading consultancy teams
- support to business management.
Typical project activities will include:
- preparing reports and presentations to advise clients on options, risks and appropriate actions;
- developing feasibility studies, commercialisation strategies and business models for innovative products and services addressing future city challenges;
- preparing bids for funding, with external partners or for client bodies;
- developing strategies and frameworks to promote sectoral growth;
- developing and managing living laboratory projects;
- policy research and insights;
- stakeholder engagement, through structured interviews, facilitated workshops, questionnaires and private meetings;
- building, managing and promoting stakeholder networks.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would have:
- a passion for sustainability and urban innovation and be motivated to have a positive impact on future city challenges;
- confidence working across professional disciplines and a keen interest in technology, policy and business models;
- a track record of delivering projects for clients as an external consultant or advisor;
- over 5 years relevant industry experience;
- experience of leading consultancy teams;
- a successful business development and bid writing track record;
- expertise in analysing problems, finding information and quickly developing an understanding of new areas;
- excellent report writing skills, with an ability to clearly summarise findings and offer meaningful insights;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver engaging presentations;
- competencies in both quantitative and qualitative research.
Desirable skills include:
- experience of working in both the public and private sector;
- knowledge of innovation funding landscape;
- proven competency in strategic analysis and strategy development;
- in-depth technical knowledge and personal networks of some of the sectors in which we work.
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering letter by 15th June 2017 sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your covering letter your salary expectations and where you saw the job advertised.
Please note that candidates that do not submit a covering letter will not be considered for this position.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview. We apologise that we cannot reply to all applications, but we thank you in advance for your interest in this role.
Consideration will be given to requests for part-time working in this role, subject to this satisfying the required business need.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.