Could you help shape a brighter future?
We are looking for a talented Service Designer who can help us in our mission to accelerate the smart and sustainable transformation of cities.
Urban Foresight is an award-winning strategy and innovation consultancy that is focused on the smart and sustainable transformation of cities.
We undertake research, run projects, develop strategies and business plans to advance new solutions for smart and sustainable cities. Our diverse client base includes national governments, local authorities, public agencies, international NGOs, universities, blue chip corporates and high-growth SMEs.
Our unique approach is to combine expertise across the different sectors and services on which cities rely. This includes transport, energy, environmental protection, economic development, data, infrastructure and innovation.
We are seeking a passionate and talented Service Designer to assist in delivering exciting projects focused on future city challenges for clients in the private and public sector.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join our new team in Dundee. The role will involve providing co-creation and a user centred design approach to our projects, notably our role as programme office for The Mobility Innovation Living Laboratory (The MILL) which will establish the city of Dundee as a test-bed for innovative technologies and business models related to transport and mobility. Core activities will include:
- helping to set-up and supporting project delivery to meet the project goals, working collaboratively with a diverse mix of users and stakeholders;
- developing the living lab process;
- leading stakeholder engagement activities, including running facilitated workshops, monthly meetups, online questionnaires and face to face meetings with a range of users and stakeholders;
- distilling information and preparing reports and presentations to advise teams on the appropriate actions;
- supporting the communications strategy and developing engaging content for a range of media.
The role will also involve inputting to our range of smaller consultancy and innovation projects in areas across the smart cities sector.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would have:
- a passion for co-creating sustainable strategies and urban innovation and how to make this a reality;
- deep understanding of how products and services work for all users (internal and external) and how these are delivered in the public and private sector;
- experience of successfully managing innovation projects and have experience developing a living lab approach to design new products and services;
- excellent consultation skills and enjoy taking people on the journey using new processes and new ways of thinking to get clients excited about the future;
- a degree level qualification and over 3 years relevant industry experience;
- enjoy leading stakeholder engagement activities, running facilitated workshops, monthly meetups, online questionnaires and face to face meetings with a range of users and stakeholders;
- excellent report writing skills, with an ability to clearly summarise findings and offer meaningful insights;
- experience of building user-centred services, prototyping and launching digital products and services;
- setting up evaluation metrics and building user-centred testing approach;
- experience of building proposals, pitching for work with existing and new clients, to help expand the company.
Desirable skills include:
- experience of working in both the public and private sector;
- experience in event planning, marketing, management and delivery;
- comfortable working with developers and technical teams;
- good knowledge of new business models and commercial understanding;
- knowledge of developments in smart cities and smart mobility, particularly in relation to shared mobility, connected and autonomous vehicles.
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering letter by 18th April 2018 sent to: email@example.com. Please indicate in your covering letter your salary expectations, notice period and where you saw the job advertised. Please note that candidates that do not submit a covering letter will not be considered for this position.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview. We apologise that we cannot reply to all applications, but we thank you in advance for your interest in this role.