15th September 2023
Assistant Programme Manager: Removing Barriers to Net Zero
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Deadline: Thursday 12th October 2023
We are seeking a dynamic Assistant Programme Manager to support a unique national initiative to empower local authorities in their pursuit of net zero goals.
Urban Foresight is leading a programme that will help local authorities to overcome non-technical barriers to adopt and scale net zero solutions. Delivered on behalf of Innovate UK as part of the £60 million Net Zero Living programme, we are leading a team to establish a dynamic community of practice and broker bespoke training and mentoring to local net zero champions.
As an Assistant Programme Manager, you will have the unique opportunity to be part of this groundbreaking initiative. You will help to shape the future of local sustainability actions that have a meaningful impact on communities.
This permanent role will be based in our Newcastle office.
You should apply if you are:
- passionate about sustainability and eager to drive systemic change.
- motivated to take a leading role in a growing business.
- enjoy sharing your knowledge and working with passionate people.
As the Assistant Programme Manager, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the programme’s success by assisting with planning, coordination, and execution.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Programme coordination – working closely with the Programme Manager to coordinate and oversee all aspects of the programme, including scheduling, resource allocation, and task management.
- Stakeholder engagement – building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including Innovate UK, local authorities, expert providers, and our subcontractors.
- Reporting and documentation – maintaining accurate records, preparing progress reports, and documenting key programme activities and outcomes.
- Event management – assisting in the planning and execution of meetings, events, and workshops.
- Communication – ensuring effective internal and external communication regarding the programme’s progress and achievements.
- Continuous improvement – identifying opportunities for programme improvement and efficiency, making recommendations to enhance the programme’s impact.
Please note that travel within the UK may be required occasionally for programme-related activities.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate would have:
- Previous experience in project or programme management, ideally in a relevant context.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of local, regional, and national government structures in the UK
- Good knowledge of local net zero solutions, sustainability initiatives, and the UK innovation funding landscape.
About Urban Foresight
Urban Foresight is the UK’s leading place-based innovation consultancy. We are a mission driven business that works with ambitious clients around the world on projects to improve lives, protect the environment, and create new economic opportunities.
Our success is based on a multi-disciplinary team with shared values and diverse expertise across a range of sectors.
We think deeply about how to turn good ideas into great projects that can have a lasting and transformational impact.
The ideal candidate will be excited about what we do and keen to contribute to our mission to make good things happen.
How to apply
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering letter sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the 12th October 2023.
Please indicate in your covering letter your salary expectations and notice period.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.