2nd February 2023
Business Systems and Operations Manager
Location: Dundee or Newcastle
Deadline: 3rd March 2023
Urban Foresight is seeking an experienced Business Systems and Operations Manager to join our growing team.
Our business is at an exciting phase of scaling-up our operations. This important role is a unique opportunity to help shape this next phase of our growth.
You will be responsible for managing and improving the processes and systems that support the smooth operation of our business. This includes ensuring that they are efficient, effective, and compliant with industry standards.
You will also identify, plan, and manage projects to implement necessary changes and improvements, and to gain relevant accreditations.
You will work closely with our Director of Operations to:
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that business processes and systems are effective and efficient.
- Identify, plan, and implement improvements to business processes and systems.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Help the business to achieve accreditations for quality and environmental management.
- Provide training and support to staff on the use of business processes and systems.
- Monitor and report on the performance of business operations and systems.
- Identify and mitigate process and system-related risks.
- Manage and maintain the company’s IT infrastructure and software systems.
- Ensure data integrity and security.
You should apply if you are:
- Motivated to take a leading role in a growing business.
- Excited to be part of a company that works on cutting-edge projects which deliver meaningful social, economic, and environmental outcomes.
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge and working with passionate people.
Skills and experience
We are keen to meet candidates from a range of backgrounds. You might be a:
- Project Manager with experience of designing and implementing new business policies and processes
- Business Process or Operations Manager
- Business Improvement or Change Manager
- IT Operations or Systems Manager with an interest in wider business processes.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of process improvement methodologies, IT infrastructure, and software systems.
- Excellent project management skills and experience of leading process improvement and system implementation projects.
- Experience in compliance and data security management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in the consulting or professional services industry.
About Urban Foresight
Urban Foresight is the UK’s leading place-based innovation consultancy. We are a mission driven business that works with ambitious clients around the world on projects to improve lives, protect the environment and deliver new economic opportunities.
Our success is based on a multi-disciplinary team with shared values and diverse expertise across a range of sectors.
We think deeply about how to turn big ideas into actions that can have a lasting and transformational impact.
The ideal candidate will be excited about what we do and keen to contribute to our mission to make good things happen.
Urban Foresight offers a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for professional development and growth.
How to apply
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering letter sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd March 2023. Please indicate in your covering letter your salary expectations and notice period.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. As part of this commitment, consideration will be given to requests for part-time working in this role, subject to this satisfying the required business need.