1st June 2021
Electric Vehicle Consultants
Location: Newcastle or Dundee
Deadline: 25th June 2021
Can you help to electrify the future?
We are looking for ambitious and talented consultants to join our growing electric mobility team.
As this is a rapidly developing sector, we’re interested to hear from candidates with different levels of experience, seniority and skills.
Urban Foresight is the UK’s leading place-based innovation consultancy and has been at the forefront of electric mobility for over decade. We are a mission driven business that works with ambitious clients around the world on projects to improve lives, protect the environment and deliver new economic opportunities.
The ideal candidates will be passionate about electric mobility, excited about what we do and keen to contribute to our mission to make good things happen.
We have an exciting and expanding portfolio of electric mobility projects. We are seeking individuals to complement our existing team and develop our business further with new clients.
Projects include: charging infrastructure feasibility studies and site selection; fleet analysis; business cases across different modes; regional EV strategies; low carbon mobility hubs; and innovation projects that integrate energy storage, renewables, emerging technologies, incentives, and new business models.
Ideally, you will have demonstrable consultancy experience and a track record of working on electric mobility projects. We would also welcome applications from candidates with experience of managing publicly funded innovation projects.
This permanent role will be based in one of our offices (Newcastle or Dundee) in line with your preferences.
As part of this role, you will be expected to:
- undertake research and analysis to advise clients on options, risks and appropriate actions;
- develop feasibility studies and business cases;
- develop strategies and evidence-based insights to guide public and/or private sector investments;
- write proposals and funding bids;
- undertake stakeholder engagement, through structured interviews, facilitated workshops and questionnaires.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would have:
- a keen interest in electric mobility and knowledge of the latest developments in technologies and policy;
- a degree in a relevant subject;
- experience of working as an external consultant to public and private sector clients;
- experience of bid writing and business development;
- excellent report writing skills, with an ability to clearly summarise findings and offer meaningful insights;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver engaging presentations.
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering letter sent to: email@example.com by 25th June 2021. Please indicate in your covering letter your salary expectations and notice period.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. As part of this commitment, consideration will be given to requests for part-time working in this role, subject to this satisfying the required business need.