17th January 2023
Front End Developer
Location: Dundee or Newcastle
Urban Foresight is the UK’s leading place-based innovation consultancy. We work with ambitious clients around the world on strategies and solutions for smart and sustainable cities.
We’re looking for a talented developer to take a leading role in creating bespoke digital tools and web applications.
These tools will extend, enhance, and automate our consultancy services. They will also provide solutions to external clients to improve the delivery of public services and infrastructure.
Current projects include a site selection tool for electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and a data catalogue for local government APIs.
You’ll apply your impressive front-end skills to develop and deliver solutions for a variety of projects. This will involve close working with our consultancy teams to design, develop, and maintain new digital tools and websites.
We value individuals with a real passion for solving problems. We’re especially interested to meet people who can balance deep technical knowledge with the ability to deliver practical solutions.
You should apply if you’re:
- An experienced front-end developer
- Excited about being involved in innovative projects that improve lives and protect the environment
- Motivated to take a leading role in a growing business
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge and working with passionate people.
- Converting design visuals into fully responsive front-end code.
- Writing and maintaining clean, efficient, and well documented codebases.
- Providing specialist knowledge to optimise performance and accessibility.
- Predicting and planning your work and coordinating efforts with other team members
- Front-end frameworks, such as React or Angular
- Data visualisation, and mapping
- Operating content management systems such as WordPress
- Working with cloud solutions, including Amazon Web Services
- Version control software, such as git
- UX / UI design
- Diagnostic accuracy and problem-solving for debugging websites
- Familiarity with a wide variety of development frameworks
- Interested in innovation, sustainability, and the wider work of our business
- Good time management habits, ability to multi-task, and ability to sustain focus on long tasks
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to deliver results with intermittent supervision
- Agile enough to jump into projects and be comfortable in exploring multiple possibilities before landing on a specific solution
How to apply
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering statement sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please indicate in your covering statement why you want the job, your salary expectations, preferred location, and notice period.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.