4th August 2023
Head of Net Zero
Location: Dundee or Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Deadline: Friday 15th September 2023
We are seeking an experienced and ambitious consultant to lead our portfolio of net zero and sustainability projects.
This is a unique opportunity for someone with the entrepreneurial drive to lead an important area in our growing business.
Urban Foresight is pioneering a different approach. Our aim is to provide a better alternative to traditional consultancies. We’re focused on transformational outcomes, have deep expertise in innovation, and are shaping new place-based approaches to net zero.
This permanent role will be based in one of our offices (Newcastle or Dundee). Other locations may be considered for outstanding candidates.
You should apply if you are:
- excited to be involved in cutting-edge projects that make a genuine difference in the world
- motivated to take a leading role in a growing business
- enjoy sharing your knowledge and working with passionate people.
You will lead and develop our net zero consulting group and portfolio.
This will build on Urban Foresight’s track record of providing expertise and guidance to governments, businesses, and organisations worldwide.
As part of this role, you will:
- win and deliver a portfolio of net zero and sustainability projects
- develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, stakeholders, and partners
- develop and implement a strategy to grow our market position in net zero and sustainability
- take responsibility for managing the financial performance, quality of work, and contractual liabilities for our net zero group
- be responsible for the appraisal, performance, development, morale, and motivation of staff
- be a valuable member of Urban Foresight’s senior leadership team
Skills and experience
We’re keen to meet people from a range of backgrounds.
You will have a passion for sustainability and innovation, possess excellent communication and report writing skills, and have recognised credentials in sustainability and net zero.
The ideal candidate would have experience of:
- successfully developing and delivering projects for public and private sector clients.
- measuring carbon baselines and developing net zero or carbon neutral action plans
- leading consultancy teams to win and deliver work
- advising senior public, private, and third sector clients
- managing resources, budgets, and complex contracts
- successful business development and generating secure revenue streams
About Urban Foresight
Urban Foresight is the UK’s leading place-based innovation consultancy. We are a mission driven business that works with ambitious clients around the world on projects to improve lives, protect the environment, and create new economic opportunities.
Our success is based on a multi-disciplinary team with shared values and diverse expertise across a range of sectors.
We think deeply about how to turn good ideas into great projects that can have a lasting and transformational impact.
The ideal candidate will be excited about what we do and keen to contribute to our mission to make good things happen.
How to apply
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering letter sent to: email@example.com by 15th September 2023.
Please indicate in your covering letter your salary expectations and notice period.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. As part of this commitment, consideration will be given to requests for part-time working in this role, subject to this satisfying the required business need.