3rd May 2022
Head of Advanced Mobility
Location: Dundee or Newcastle
Deadline: 31st May 2022
We are looking for an ambitious consultant to lead, grow, and deliver our portfolio of advanced mobility projects.
Urban Foresight works at the cutting edge of smart and sustainable transport. You will develop strategies and innovation projects to transform mobility services and infrastructure. Our current portfolio includes projects in Mobility as a Service, connected and autonomous vehicles, smart parking, smart ticketing, integrated mobility hubs, active travel, and shared mobility services.
This is a permanent role, ideally located at one of our offices (Dundee or Newcastle). We would be open to considering other locations in the UK for exceptional candidates.
You will lead a talented team of consultants to win and deliver work for public and private sector clients. This includes a mixture of focussed consultancy assignments and longer-term innovation projects.
You will have expertise and interest in transport innovation, new mobility services, and public policy.
You should apply if you are:
- Interested in transforming transport services with new technologies, modes, digital solutions, and business models.
- Excited to be involved in cutting-edge projects that deliver meaningful social, economic, and environmental outcomes.
- Motivated to take a leading role in a growing business.
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge and working with passionate people.
Skills and experience
You may be a:
- Consultant working in advanced/ future/ new mobility
- Transport engineer, ITS engineer, transport planner, or transport consultant
- Policy or strategy officer in local government or a regional/national transport authority
- Strategy / innovation consultant, or service designer with experience of developing advanced mobility solutions
- Transport operator/ manager with direct experience of developing or delivering innovative mobility services or solutions
- Supplier of relevant technology or digital solutions to the transport sector.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Expertise in one more of the areas that we currently work in
- Good knowledge of the latest developments and opportunities in transport (e.g. zero emission vehicles, Mobility as a Service, new business models, new modes, policy frameworks, connectivity, automation, data, and digital solutions)
- A relevant degree or professional qualification
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a relevant consultancy role or equivalent
- Track record of successful business development and bid writing
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of managing partners and clients to successfully deliver consultancy assignments and/or innovation projects.
About Urban Foresight
Urban Foresight is the UK’s leading place-based innovation consultancy. We are a purpose driven business that works with ambitious clients around the world on projects to improve lives, protect the environment and deliver new economic opportunities.
Our success is based on a multi-disciplinary team with shared values and diverse expertise across a range of sectors.
We think deeply about how to turn big ideas into actions that can have a lasting and transformational impact.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about sustainability, excited about what we do, and keen to contribute to our mission to make good things happen.
How to apply
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering letter sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st May 2022. Please indicate in your covering letter your salary expectations and notice period.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. As part of this commitment, consideration will be given to requests for part-time working in this role, subject to this satisfying the required business need.