23rd January 2020
Head of Consulting
Deadline: 21st February 2020
Do you want to make good things happen?
We are looking for an ambitious and highly experienced consultant to lead an exciting area of our business.
Urban Foresight® is a unique consultancy that is dedicated to the smart and sustainable transformation of cities.
Our success is based on a multi-disciplinary team with shared values and diverse expertise across a range of sectors. We find ways to use emerging technologies, data driven innovation and new ways of working to deliver better public services.
This permanent role will be a key leadership position in our Newcastle office. You will lead a talented team of consultants to develop innovation business cases, smart city strategies and digital transformation programmes.
You will oversee a diverse portfolio of projects and be responsible for winning new contracts that contribute to continued business growth.
This includes responsibility for a flagship innovation partnership with Newcastle City Council to tackle challenges related to mobility, connectivity, social housing and assisted living.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would have:
- a passion for sustainability and innovation and be motivated to make good things happen in cities around the world;
- substantial experience of working as an external consultant to successfully deliver projects for public and private sector clients;
- experience of developing business cases, strategies, feasibility studies and expert reports related to urban services and infrastructure;
- a track record of successful business development and proposal writing in a consultancy business;
- good working knowledge of emerging technologies, business models and public policy in the areas in which we work.
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and supporting statement explaining your reasons for applying, sent to: email@example.com by 21st February 2020. Please indicate your salary expectations and notice period.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.