13th November 2023
Head of Economic Development
Location: Dundee or Newcastle
Deadline: Friday 8th December 2023
As Head of Economic Development you will lead a talented team of consultants to work on cutting-edge projects that make a difference in the world.
Urban Foresight’s approach to economic development is different. We’re focused on achieving transformational social, economic, and environmental outcomes. Achieving this change requires a better alternative to traditional consultancies. We excel at turning good ideas into great projects to unlock the potential of places.
This permanent role would ideally be based in one of our offices (Newcastle or Dundee). Other locations may be considered for outstanding candidates.
You should apply if you are:
- excited to be involved in cutting-edge projects to improve lives, protect the environment, and create local economic opportunities.
- motivated to take a leading role in a growing business.
- enjoy sharing your knowledge and working with passionate people.
You will lead and develop our economic development consulting portfolio. You will have the ambition, experience, and entrepreneurial drive to help us become the UK’s go-to consultancy for sustainable economic development.
As part of this role, you will:
- lead a portfolio of economic development consultancy projects.
- provide expert advice and guidance to clients on economic development issues.
- develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, stakeholders, and partners.
- be responsible for the appraisal, performance, development, morale, and motivation of staff.
- develop and implement a strategy to grow our market position in economic development.
- take responsibility for managing the financial performance, quality of work, and contractual liabilities for our economic development group.
- be a valuable member of Urban Foresight’s senior leadership team.
Skills and experience
We are keen to meet candidates from a range of backgrounds.
The ideal candidate would be a recognised expert in local/ regional economic development and have:
- experience of leading consultancy teams to win and deliver work.
- experience of advising senior public, private, and third sector clients.
- experience of managing resources, budgets, and complex contracts.
- a track record of successful business development and generating sustainable revenue streams.
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to deliver engaging presentations and write insightful reports.
About Urban Foresight
Urban Foresight is the UK’s leading place-based innovation consultancy. We are a mission driven business that works with ambitious clients around the world on projects to improve lives, protect the environment and deliver new economic opportunities.
Our success is based on a multi-disciplinary team with shared values and diverse expertise across a range of sectors.
We think deeply about how to turn good ideas into great projects that can have a lasting and transformational impact.
The ideal candidate will be excited about what we do and keen to contribute to our mission to make good things happen.
How to apply
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering letter sent to: email@example.com by Friday 8th December. Early applications are welcome.
Please indicate in your covering letter your salary expectations and notice period.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. As part of this commitment, consideration will be given to requests for part-time working in this role, subject to this satisfying the required business need.