15th August 2022
Human Resources Manager
Deadline: 15th September
Location: Dundee or Newcastle
We believe that passionate people can achieve extraordinary things.
Urban Foresight is the UK’s leading place-based innovation consultancy. We work on projects that improve lives, protect the environment, and create new economic opportunities.
We are looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager for a key role in our unique and growing business.
You will help to shape our HR (Human Resources) processes, culture, and talent attraction. This will ensure that Urban Foresight continues to be an exceptional place to work.
This permanent role will be based in one of our offices (Dundee or Newcastle) in line with your preferences.
You will work closely with our Operations Manager and Directors on all HR matters. This includes recruitment, on- boarding, training, the wellbeing of our staff, and building a culture that reflects our corporate values.
Your responsibilities will include:
- creating, implementing, and maintaining all HR policies, procedures, and structures.
- supporting all aspects of recruitment including identifying needs, creating a clear recruitment strategy, writing job descriptions and managing recruitment processes.
- introducing new starters into the company, arranging and setting up their office equipment and checking in with them.
- managing all employee relation cases including absence management, long term sickness, disciplinary, grievances, termination procedures and performance management.
- administrative duties such as keeping track of holiday allowance and sickness.
- highlighting training needs and organising training where needed.
- conducting exit interviews, analysing feedback, and making recommendations to directors and relevant managers.
- ensuring the company’s benefits and rewards offering remains competitive and cost effective.
- driving employee engagement through well considered initiatives.
You should apply if you are:
- motivated to take a leading role in a growing business.
- enjoy sharing your knowledge and working with passionate people.
- excited to be involved in a purpose-driven company that delivers meaningful social, economic, and environmental outcomes.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate would have:
- previous experience in a similar role
- strong knowledge of UK employment law
- excellent interpersonal skills
- excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- experience of developing and implementing human resources policies.
- competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Teams, and Outlook.
About Urban Foresight
Urban Foresight is a purpose-driven consultancy that works with ambitious clients around the world.
Our success is based on a multi-disciplinary team with shared values and diverse expertise across a range of sectors.
We think deeply about how to turn good ideas into projects that can have a lasting and transformational impact.
The ideal candidate will be excited about what we do and keen to contribute to our mission to make good things happen.
How to apply
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering letter sent to: email@example.com by 15th September 2022.
Please indicate in your covering letter your salary expectations and notice period.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. As part of this commitment, consideration will be given to requests for part-time working in this role, subject to this satisfying the required business need.