27th April 2021
Location: Dundee or Newcastle upon Tyne
Urban Foresight is a fast-growing strategy and innovation consultancy. We work with ambitious clients around the world on projects that improve lives, protect the environment and boost local economies. This role is supported by the national Kickstart programme.
We are looking for a creative and highly motivated web designer for a key role in a fast-growing strategy and innovation consultancy.
Activities will include:
- design bespoke websites for our clients and standalone projects;
- produce design wireframes and mock-ups with UI/UX considerations;
- design landing pages, website assets and brand elements;
- maintain our current websites;
- create content for use on digital platforms;
- give estimations of time required for a design project (internally);
- work closely with our graphic designer and marketing managers to maintain brand consistency.
You will work under the supervision of our graphic designer. You will be working remotely until coronavirus working restrictions are lifted, after which we hope to return to working in our office in central Newcastle. Our graphic designer works from our office in Dundee, so you will require to be in regular contact through telephone/ video calls/ emails etc.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would have:
- good working knowledge of the Adobe Cloud suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop);
- qualifications in Web Design or an equivalent discipline;
- work experience in a web design role;
- strong time and task management skills;
- good communication skills;
- a passion for the work that we do.
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com stating why you would like the position and why you are an excellent candidate.
Please also state in your covering letter your salary expectations and notice period.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people. As part of this commitment, consideration will be given to requests for part-time working in this role, subject to this satisfying the required business need.