27th April 2021
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Deadline: 7th May 2021
This position is being made available through the Kickstart scheme. See eligibility requirements below.
Urban Foresight is a fast-growing strategy and innovation consultancy. We work with ambitious clients around the world on projects that improve lives, protect the environment and boost local economies. This role is supported by the national Kickstart programme.
We are looking for a creative and highly motivated web designer for a key role in a fast-growing strategy and innovation consultancy.
Activities will include:
- design bespoke websites for our clients and standalone projects;
- produce design wireframes and mock-ups with UI/UX considerations;
- design landing pages, website assets and brand elements;
- maintain our current websites;
- create content for use on digital platforms;
- give estimations of time required for a design project (internally);
- work closely with our graphic designer and marketing managers to maintain brand consistency.
You will work under the supervision of our graphic designer. You will be working remotely until coronavirus working restrictions are lifted, after which we hope to return to working in our office in central Newcastle. Our graphic designer works from our office in Dundee, so you will require to be in regular contact through telephone/ video calls/ emails etc.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would have:
- good working knowledge of the Adobe Cloud suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop);
- qualifications in Web Design or an equivalent discipline;
- work experience in a web design role;
- strong time and task management skills;
- good communication skills;
- a passion for the work that we do.
Hours will be 37.5 hours per week during office hours (9:00 am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday). This will initially be a 6 month contract.
Work will be remote whilst coronavirus working restrictions are in place.
Details of Employability Support
Support will be provided via the Gateway organisation – North East Local Enterprise Partnership.
You will be working under the guidance of our existing graphic designer on a daily basis.
This position will be part funded through the Kickstart programme. Candidates must be eligible to apply for that programme, as described here.
How to Apply
Candidates must apply for this position through their Jobcentre Workcoach. Once you have been referred, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com stating why you would like the position and why you are an excellent candidate.
Selected candidates will be invited to a virtual interview after the closing date.