27th April 2021
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Deadline: 7th May 2021
This position is being made available through the Kickstart scheme. See eligibility requirements below.
We are seeking a talented and motivated graduate to join our team in Newcastle. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-growing strategy and innovation consultancy that tackles the big challenges facing cities and communities. We work with ambitious clients around the world to develop the next generation of technologies, services and policy frameworks for smart cities.
We have projects focussed on a wide range of topics, including: mobility, digital transformation, smart cities, economic development, net zero carbon strategies and sustainability.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with different teams and developing an understanding of several disciplines.
- Researching topics to find relevant information for projects, quickly understanding and homing in on the issues of significance.
- Analysing numerical data to find answers to problems.
- Communicating findings effectively, both verbally within the team, and in written format for use in reports.
- Effective organisation of information and documentation.
- Communicating professionally and appropriately with external parties.
You will work under the supervision of relevant project staff. You will be working remotely until coronavirus working restrictions are lifted, after which we will return to working in our office in central Newcastle.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would have:
- Relevant degree.
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative research skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think logically and be methodical.
- Experience of working within a tight-knit team
- Ability to use initiative but to know when to ask for help.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- IT proficiency, especially MS Office.
- Enthusiastic, willing to learn and to go that extra mile.
Hours will be 37.5 hours per week during office hours (9:00 am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday). This will initially be a 6 month contract, which may be extended based on performance and business need.
Work will be remote whilst coronavirus working restrictions are in place.
Details of Employability Support
Support will be provided via the Gateway organisation – North East Local Enterprise Partnership.
You will be supported by other project staff on a daily basis.
This position will be part funded through the Kickstart programme. Candidates must be eligible to apply for that programme, as described here.
How to Apply
Candidates must apply for this position through their Jobcentre Workcoach. Once you have been referred, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating why you would like the position and why you are an excellent candidate.
Selected candidates will be invited to a virtual interview after the closing date.