26th October 2021
Lead Full-Stack Developer
Location: Dundee or Newcastle
Urban Foresight is the UK’s leading place-based innovation consultancy. We work with ambitious clients around the world on strategies and solutions for smart and sustainable cities.
Our business is growing. As part of this expansion, we’re setting up a new team to create bespoke digital tools and web applications.
These tools will extend, enhance, and automate our consultancy services. They will also provide solutions to external clients to improve the delivery of public services and infrastructure.
Current projects include a site selection tool for electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and a data repository for local government APIs.
This is an opportunity to take a leading role in building this team and helping to shape its strategy.
We value individuals with a real passion for solving problems. We’re especially interested to meet people who can balance deep technical knowledge with the ability to deliver practical solutions.
You should apply if you’re:
- An experienced, independent full stack developer
- Excited about being involved in innovative projects that improve lives and protect the environment
- Motivated to take a leading role in creating a new team in a growing business
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge and working with passionate people.
- Collaborating with our consultancy teams to design, develop, and maintain new digital tools and web applications
- Predicting and planning your work and coordinating efforts with other team members
- Working with senior managers to build a team, including supporting the recruitment and development of less experienced developers and more junior staff
- Working with senior managers to identify and realise new commercial opportunities for the business.
- Data visualisation, mapping APIs, and GIS
- Version control software, such as git
- Server environments, such as Node.js
- Front-end frameworks, such as React or Angular
- Database platforms, such as MongoDB or MySQL
- Implementing microservice architectures
- UX / UI design
- Familiarity with a wide variety of full-stack frameworks
- Interested in innovation, sustainability, and the wider work of our business
- Good time management habits, ability to multi-task, and ability to sustain focus on long tasks
- Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas in an accessible way
- Proven ability to deliver results with intermittent supervision
- Agile enough to jump into projects and be comfortable in exploring multiple possibilities before landing on a specific solution
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
How to apply
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering statement sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th November 2021.
Please indicate in your covering statement why you want the job, your salary expectations, preferred location, and notice period.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people.