15th August 2022
Deadline: 15th September
We are looking for an experienced Office Manager for a key role in our unique and growing business.
Urban Foresight is the UK’s leading place-based innovation consultancy. We work on projects that improve lives, protect the environment, and create new economic opportunities.
This permanent role will be based at our city centre office in Dundee.
You will be responsible for the smooth running of our self-managed office and helping to make it a great place to work.
You will make an impact in this role by:
- being the go-to person for any office management tasks and problems
- being front-of-house to welcome visitors and filter enquiries from external callers
- ensuring high standards of cleanliness in the office and managing the external cleaning contractor
- coordinating and maintaining business assets and office supplies
- ensuring health and safety compliance for all our offices
- managing maintenance schedules and arranging maintenance and repair works
- supporting assessments for workstation ergonomics
- maintaining strong relationships with property managers, building security, and other suppliers
- assisting with administration tasks such as travel arrangements, event planning and scheduling meetings
- assisting in identifying and implementing sustainability initiatives
- assisting with routine set up and coordination of IT hardware and systems
You should apply if you are:
- motivated to take an important role in a growing business.
- enjoy sharing your knowledge and working with passionate people.
- excited to be involved in a purpose-driven company that delivers meaningful social, economic, and environmental outcomes.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate would have:
- previous experience in a similar role in a professional office environment
- be a flexible, well organised self-starter who is able and willing to support a wide range of activities and solve any problems that arise
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- confident in working with IT systems
- competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Teams, and Outlook.
About Urban Foresight
Urban Foresight is a purpose-driven consultancy that works with ambitious clients around the world.
Our success is based on a multi-disciplinary team with shared values and diverse expertise across a range of sectors.
We think deeply about how to turn good ideas into projects that can have a lasting and transformational impact.
The ideal candidate will be excited about what we do and keen to contribute to our mission to make good things happen.
How to apply
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering letter sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th September 2022.
Please indicate in your covering letter your salary expectations and notice period.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. As part of this commitment, consideration will be given to requests for part-time working in this role, subject to this satisfying the required business need.