20th November 2023
Principal or Senior Consultant: Sustainability and Net Zero
Location: Flexible, but ideally Dundee or Newcastle
Can you help places and organisations get to Net Zero?
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced consultant to take a leading role in growing and delivering our portfolio of net zero and sustainability projects.
You will have worked on sustainability projects at senior levels, ideally including working with energy and carbon data to tell a story that supports clients in achieving Net Zero.
This permanent role will ideally be based in one of our offices (Dundee or Newcastle). We would be open to considering other locations in the United Kingdom for exceptional candidates.
We are seeking an experienced consultant to complement our existing team and develop our business further with new clients.
You should apply if you are:
- Excited to be involved in cutting-edge projects that deliver meaningful social, economic, and environmental outcomes.
- Motivated to take a leading role in a growing business.
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge and working with passionate people.
As part of this role, you will be expected to:
- Produce and assess client reporting.
- Research new technologies and methods for achieving net zero.
- Write reports that inspire our clients to take action.
- Liaise with clients and stakeholders, attend meetings, undertake interviews, and deliver presentations to all levels of seniority.
- Manage projects, ensuring work is effectively delivered on time and within budget in a way that delights our clients.
Skills and experience
We are keen to meet candidates from a range of backgrounds. You might be a:
- Sustainability/ net zero consultant
- Strategy or policy professional
- Energy manager or sustainability officer
- Working in innovation or a relevant cleantech sector
The ideal candidate would have:
- A passion for sustainability and innovation.
- Experience of successfully delivering projects for public and private sector clients.
- Expertise in measuring carbon baselines and developing net zero or carbon neutral action plans.
- Knowledge of best practice and a broad range of standards that reflect the diversity of our work, such as carbon neutrality, sustainable procurement and natural capital / ecosystem measurement.
- Recognisable credentials including a relevant degree and/or professional qualifications.
- Track record of successful business development and bid writing.
- Excellent report writing skills.
About Urban Foresight
Urban Foresight is the UK’s leading place-based innovation consultancy. We are a mission driven business that works with ambitious clients around the world on projects to improve lives, protect the environment and deliver new economic opportunities.
Our success is based on a multi-disciplinary team with shared values and diverse expertise across a range of sectors.
We think deeply about how to turn big ideas into actions that can have a lasting and transformational impact.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about sustainability, excited about what we do and keen to contribute to our mission to make good things happen.
How to apply
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering letter sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your covering letter your salary expectations and notice period.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. As part of this commitment, consideration will be given to requests for part-time working in this role, subject to this satisfying the required business need.