15th October 2018
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Start date: Immediate
Could you help shape a brighter future?
Urban Foresight is an award-winning innovation practice that tackles the big challenges facing cities and communities. We work with ambitious clients around the world to develop the next generation of technologies, services and policy frameworks for cities.
Our success is based on a multi-disciplinary team with shared values and diverse expertise across a range of sectors. We think deeply about how to turn big ideas into actions that can improve lives, create new experiences, protect the environment and deliver new economic opportunities.
This permanent role will be a key position in our team in Newcastle, responsible for:
- management and delivery of projects for private and public sector clients
- leading input from a team of consultants to deliver high quality reports to clients
- business development to win new work
We have a uniquely varied and exciting project portfolio, making each project different, often challenging, but always rewarding. We are also always keen to meet people who are interested in following business development areas in their relevant area of particular expertise or interest as part of their role.
Typical project activities often involve:
- preparing reports and presentations to advise clients on options, risks and appropriate actions;
- policy research and evidence-based analysis;
- developing feasibility studies, business cases and commercial models for innovative products and services addressing future city challenges;
- developing strategies and policy frameworks to guide public and/or private sector investments;
- preparing bids for funding, with external partners or for client bodies;
- stakeholder engagement, through structured interviews, facilitated workshops, questionnaires and private meetings;
- building, managing and promoting stakeholder networks.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would have:
- a passion for sustainability and urban innovation and be motivated to have a positive impact on future city challenges;
- experience of leading consultancy teams;
- a track record of delivering consultancy projects for clients in both the public and private sector;
- a track record of successful business development and bid writing;
- confidence working across professional disciplines, and a keen interest in technology, policy and business models;
- expertise in analysing problems, finding information and quickly developing an understanding of new areas;
- excellent report writing skills, with an ability to clearly summarise findings and offer meaningful insights;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver engaging presentations;
- competencies in both quantitative and qualitative research.
- in-depth technical knowledge and personal networks of some of the sectors in which we work.
Ideally we are looking for a Principal Consultant, with at least 10 years relevant experience. However, we have a range of upcoming projects concentrating on electric vehicles, mobility, economic development and smart cities. We are therefore interested to hear from anyone with passion for the work we do and relevant background experience and knowledge in the sectors in which we work.
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering letter sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th November 2018. Please indicate in your covering letter your salary expectations and notice period.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Consideration will be given to applications for part time working, subject to this satisfying business needs.