28th October 2021
Principal or Senior Consultant: Economic Development
Location: Dundee or Newcastle
Urban Foresight is the UK’s leading place-based innovation consultancy.
We’re looking for ambitious consultants to take a leading role in growing and delivering an exciting portfolio of economic development and regeneration projects in the UK and overseas.
This permanent role will be based in one of our offices (Dundee or Newcastle) in line with your preferences.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about economic development and regeneration, excited about what we do and keen to contribute to our mission to make good things happen.
You’ll work on a wide range of projects covering diverse sectors and geographies.
You should apply if you:
- Have a keen interest in opportunities to transform local and regional economies.
- Are excited to be involved in unique projects that improve lives and deliver meaningful socio-economic outcomes.
- Are motivated to take a leading role in a growing business.
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge and working with passionate people.
- Undertake research and analysis to advise clients on options, risks, and appropriate actions.
- Develop feasibility studies and business cases.
- Develop strategies and evidence-based insights to guide public and/or private sector investments.
- Prepare tenders and bids for funding.
- Liaise with clients and stakeholders, attend meetings, undertake interviews, and deliver presentations to all levels of seniority.
- Manage projects, ensuring work is effectively delivered on time and within budget in a way that delights our clients.
- Predict and plan your work and coordinate efforts with other team members.
- Write concise and insightful reports that inspire our clients to take action.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience of working with local authorities, local enterprise partnerships, development agencies, and city regions (ideally as an external consultant or relevant policy officer).
- A degree in a relevant subject (e.g. economics, economic geography, urban and regional development).
- Experience of bid writing and business development.
- Expertise in analysing problems, finding data and sourcing information to quickly develop an understanding of new areas.
- Excellent report writing skills, with an ability to clearly summarise findings and offer meaningful insights.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver engaging presentations.
- Competencies in both quantitative and qualitative research.
About Urban Foresight
Urban Foresight is a mission driven business that works with ambitious clients around the world on projects to improve lives, protect the environment and deliver new economic opportunities.
Our success is based on a multi-disciplinary team with shared values and diverse expertise across a range of sectors. We think deeply about how to turn big ideas into actions that can have a lasting and transformational impact.
We have built up a strong track-record in economic development and regeneration. We are now looking to expand our work in the field.
How to apply
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering letter sent to: email@example.com by 1st December 2021.
Early applications are welcomed.
Please indicate in your covering letter your salary expectations and notice period.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people. As part of this commitment, consideration will be given to requests for part-time working in this role, subject to this satisfying the required business need.