28th October 2021
Principal or Senior Consultant: Transport Innovation and Advanced Mobility
Location: Dundee or Newcastle
Urban Foresight is the UK’s leading place-based innovation consultancy.
We’re looking for ambitious consultants to deliver and win new work in transport innovation and advanced mobility.
We develop strategies and solutions that are transforming the way transport is used and delivered. This includes new technologies, modes, business models, digital solutions, and data-driven innovation.
This permanent role will be based in one of our offices (Dundee or Newcastle) in line with your preferences.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about innovation and sustainability in transport, excited about what we do, and keen to contribute to our mission to make good things happen.
You’ll work on a diverse range of projects in the UK and overseas.
You should apply if you:
- Have a keen interest in the potential to transform transport services with new technologies, modes, digital solutions, and business models.
- Are excited to be involved in cutting-edge projects that deliver meaningful social, economic, and environmental outcomes.
- Are motivated to take a leading role in a growing business.
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge and working with passionate people.
- Undertake research and analysis to advise clients on options, risks, and appropriate actions.
- Develop feasibility studies and business cases.
- Develop strategies and evidence-based insights to guide public and/or private sector investments.
- Prepare tenders and bids for funding.
- Liaise with clients and stakeholders, attend meetings, undertake interviews, and deliver presentations to all levels of seniority.
- Manage projects, ensuring work is effectively delivered on time and within budget in a way that delights our clients.
- Predict and plan your work and coordinate efforts with other team members.
- Write concise and insightful reports that inspire our clients to take action.
Skills and experience
You may be a:
- Consultant working in advanced/ future/ new mobility
- Transport engineer, ITS engineer, transport planner, or transport consultant
- Policy or strategy officer in local government or a regional/national transport authority
- Strategy / innovation consultant, or service designer with experience of developing advanced mobility solutions
- Transport operator/ manager with direct experience of developing or delivering innovative mobility services or solutions
- Supplier of relevant technology or digital solutions to the transport sector.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Expertise in one more of the areas that we currently work in
- Good knowledge of the latest developments and opportunities in transport (e.g. zero emission vehicles, Mobility as a Service, new business models, new modes, policy frameworks, connectivity, automation, data, and digital solutions)
- A relevant degree or professional qualification
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a relevant consultancy role or equivalent
- Track record of successful business development and bid writing
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of managing partners and clients to successfully deliver consultancy assignments and/or innovation projects.
About Urban Foresight
Urban Foresight is a mission driven business that works with ambitious clients around the world on projects to improve lives, protect the environment and deliver new economic opportunities.
Our success is based on a multi-disciplinary team with shared values and diverse expertise across a range of sectors. We think deeply about how to turn big ideas into actions that can have a lasting and transformational impact.
We have built up a strong track-record in transport innovation and sustainable mobility. We are now looking to expand our work in the field.
How to apply
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering letter sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st December 2021.
Early applications are welcomed.
Please state in your covering letter your salary expectations and notice period.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people. As part of this commitment, consideration will be given to requests for part-time working in this role, subject to this satisfying the required business need.