20th April 2023
Principal or Senior Masterplanner / Urban Design Consultant
Location: Dundee or Newcastle
Urban Foresight is looking for an experienced masterplanner or urban designer to take a leading role in expanding our placemaking work.
The role will focus on preparing town- and city-level masterplans, urban designs, and spatial strategies in the UK and Ireland.
You will bring a placemaking perspective to our wider work in healthcare, smart cities, transport, energy, sustainability, and economic development. Working with these teams will also help you to create genuinely interdisciplinary strategies for places.
We are seeking an experienced consultant to complement our existing team and develop our business further with new clients.
You will create innovative and sustainable solutions for places by working closely with our clients, including local authorities, developers, and community groups.
Your responsibilities will include:
- leading the design and development of masterplans and spatial strategies.
- working with clients to understand their needs and create solutions that meet their goals.
- collaborating with other team members on multi-disciplinary projects.
- preparing winning tender applications and bids.
- providing guidance and mentorship to junior team members.
- building client relationships and a strong external network.
- keeping on top of new ideas in placemaking.
You should apply if you are:
- excited to be involved in cutting-edge projects that deliver meaningful social, economic, and environmental outcomes.
- enthusiastic about opportunities to use innovation and new ways of working to create better places.
- motivated to take a leading role in a growing business and to help build something new.
- someone who enjoys sharing your knowledge and working with passionate people.
Skills and experience
We are open to a range of professional backgrounds in the fields of urban design, planning, architecture, landscape architecture, masterplanning and placemaking.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a relevant degree, professional training, qualifications, or accreditation.
- relevant professional experience.
- experience of preparing urban designs, masterplans, and spatial strategies.
- strong design and visualization skills.
- strong communication and presentation skills.
- track record of successful business development and bid writing.
- excellent report writing skills.
About Urban Foresight
Urban Foresight is the UK’s leading place-based innovation consultancy. We are a mission driven business that works with ambitious clients around the world on projects to improve lives, protect the environment and deliver new economic opportunities.
Our success is based on a multi-disciplinary team with shared values and diverse expertise across a range of sectors.
We think deeply about how to turn big ideas into actions that can have a lasting and transformational impact.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about creating better places, excited about what we, do and keen to contribute to our mission to make good things happen.
Urban Foresight offers a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for professional development and growth.
How to apply
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering letter sent to email@example.com. Please indicate in your covering letter your salary expectations and notice period.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.