21st October 2019
Vacancy: Project Manager | Dundee
Deadline: 18th November 2019
We are looking for an experienced and motivated project manager to join our team in Dundee.
Urban Foresight® is an award-winning consultancy focused on the smart and sustainable transformation of cities.
Our success is based on a multi-disciplinary team with shared values and diverse expertise across a range of sectors. We think deeply about how to turn big ideas into actions that can improve lives, create new experiences, protect the environment and deliver new economic opportunities.
Our Projects team is responsible for managing the delivery of innovative infrastructure and services on behalf of our clients. This includes all aspects of delivery: securing funding; developing technical specifications and advising on procurement processes; managing contractors, project partners and stakeholders; and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and funding criteria.
This permanent role is to provide dedicated project management expertise to a new innovation project.
Urban Foresight are lead partners of an Innovate UK funded project to deploy innovative ‘pop-up’ electric vehicle (EV) chargepoints. We are responsible for:
- project management across all 7 project partners;
- liaison with and reporting to the funding body;
- running a design challenge;
- ensuring integration of the deployed chargers with a broader mobility-as-a-service offer;
- development of a ‘toolkit’ for local authorities to support deployment of EV and smart city infrastructure.
- project evaluation and recommendations.
The Project Manager will be responsible for leading Urban Foresight’s contribution. They will be supported by the Project Director, and the technical expertise of the wider Urban Foresight team. It is anticipated that they will also contribute project management expertise to other innovation projects across a variety of sectors.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would have:
- a passion for sustainability and urban innovation and be motivated to have a positive impact on future city challenges;
- experience of successfully managing innovation projects in collaboration with external partners;
- a relevant degree level qualification and over 3 years relevant experience;
- experience of project management processes (e.g. agile or similar);
- proven competency in managing publicly funded projects;
- track record of managing relationships with clients, board members and project funders;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering statement sent to email@example.com by 18th November 2019. Please indicate in your covering statement why you want the job, your salary expectations and notice period.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. As part of this commitment, consideration will be given to requests for part-time working in this role, subject to this satisfying the required business need.