19th November 2021
Location: Dundee or Newcastle
Urban Foresight is the UK’s leading place-based innovation consultancy.
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated project manager.
You will initially focus on delivering innovation pilots to trial new transport modes and digital technologies in St Andrews.
You’ll also have a key role in developing and delivering innovation projects across our wider business.
This permanent role will be based in one of our offices (Dundee or Newcastle) in line with your preferences.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about innovation, excited about what we do, and keen to contribute to our mission to make good things happen.
You’ll provide dedicated project management expertise to a new innovation project.
Urban Foresight, in partnership with the University of St Andrews, has secured funding to test the Mobility as a Service (MaaS) concept.
The project will trial innovative solutions to improve the travel experience and encourage people to leave their car at home.
It will focus on connections between Leuchars station, the University’s Eden Campus, and the centre of St. Andrews.
The intention is to have a framework of integrated pilots encompassing new and existing transportation modes, digital tools (apps), physical infrastructure, and interventions to address commuters and tourists’ needs.
You should apply if you:
- Have a keen interest in transport, new technologies, new modes, digital solutions, and business models.
- Are excited to be involved in cutting-edge projects that deliver meaningful social, economic, and environmental outcomes.
- Are motivated to take a leading role in a growing business.
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge and working with passionate people.
You’ll be responsible for:
- project management across all partners and suppliers
- reporting to the funding body (Transport Scotland)
- working with the university to oversee the delivery of physical infrastructure and digital solutions
- engaging with local and national partners to build support and share learning from the project
- project evaluation and recommendations to inform national policy and priorities.
You’ll be supported by the Project Director, and the technical expertise of the wider Urban Foresight team in transport and digital solutions.
It’s expected that you’ll also contribute project management expertise to other innovation projects across a variety of sectors.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate would have:
- a passion for sustainability and urban innovation and be motivated to have a positive impact on future city challenges;
- experience of successfully managing innovation projects in collaboration with external partners;
- a relevant degree level qualification and over 5 years relevant experience;
- proven competency in managing publicly funded projects;
- track record of managing relationships with clients, suppliers, and project funders;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
About Urban Foresight
Urban Foresight is a mission driven business that works with ambitious clients around the world on projects to improve lives, protect the environment and deliver new economic opportunities.
Our success is based on a multi-disciplinary team with shared values and diverse expertise across a range of sectors. We think deeply about how to turn big ideas into actions that can have a lasting and transformational impact.
We’ve built up a strong track-record in delivering innovation projects and real world pilots. You’ll be a key member of a strong team and will have the opportunity to help expand our work in this exciting field.
How to apply
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering letter sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd December 2021.
Please state in your covering letter your salary expectations and notice period.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people. As part of this commitment, consideration will be given to requests for part-time working in this role, subject to this satisfying the required business need.