9th December 2020
Smart Cities Consultant
Location: Dundee or Newcastle
Deadline: 8th January 2021
Could you help shape a brighter future?
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced consultant who can take a leading role in winning and delivering projects focussed on solutions, technologies and business models for smart cities.
Urban Foresight is the UK’s leading place-based innovation consultancy. We are a mission driven business that works with ambitious clients around the world on projects to improve lives, protect the environment and deliver new economic opportunities.
Our success is based on a multi-disciplinary team with shared values and diverse expertise across a range of sectors. We think deeply about how to turn big ideas into actions that can have a lasting and transformational impact.
Urban Foresight currently has contracts with a number of organisations to develop and manage innovation projects which can deliver improved services and operational savings.
We focus on our partner’s needs and work with them to develop projects, target funding opportunities, and progress business cases through approval processes, procurement and delivery to achieve positive outcomes. We have applied this process across a number of technology areas, including smart mobility, adult social care, 5G, and digital services.
You will be responsible for:
- management and delivery of smart city innovation projects for public sector clients
- leading input from a team of consultants
- business development to win new work
We have a uniquely varied and exciting project portfolio, making each project different, often challenging, but always rewarding.
Typical project activities involve:
- working with stakeholders to build trust, confidence and support for innovation projects;
- developing business cases for implementation of technology innovations into public sector infrastructure and services;
- preparing bids for funding, with external partners or for client bodies;
- writing specifications and supporting procurement processes;
- programme, contract and supplier management;
- managing communication and marketing activity;
- writing concise and insightful reports;
- delivering engaging presentations;
This role could be based in either our Newcastle or Dundee office.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would have:
- a passion for sustainability and innovation and be motivated to have a positive impact on future city challenges;
- substantial experience relevant to the requirements of the role;
- good working knowledge in the technology areas in which we work.
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and supporting statement explaining your reasons for applying, sent to: email@example.com by 8th January 2021. Please indicate your salary expectations and notice period.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. As part of this commitment, consideration will be given to requests for part-time working in this role, subject to this satisfying the required business need.