8th May 2022
Location: Newcastle or Dundee
Deadline: 7th June 2022
We are seeking a talented and motivated professional to join our growing team of strategy and innovation consultants.
You may be a junior consultant looking to take the next step up in your career or a more experienced professional looking to broaden and expand on your current skills and knowledge.
This permanent role will be based in one of our offices (Dundee or Newcastle) in line with your preferences.
You will be a key member of a team which delivers a diverse portfolio of projects related to place-based innovation.
You will help write strategies, develop innovation projects, and shape public policy for cities, regions, and countries across the world.
Our work spans a diverse range of topics including smart cities, net zero innovation, health and social care, digital transformation, and future transport systems.
You should apply if you are:
- Committed to making places and public services better.
- Excited to be involved in cutting-edge projects that deliver meaningful social, economic, and environmental outcomes.
- Motivated to take a leading role in a growing business.
- Someone who enjoys sharing your knowledge and working with passionate people.
Skills and experience
We are interested to meet candidates from a range of backgrounds and different levels of experience.
You might currently be:
- A management consultant, strategist or business analyst looking to work on projects which shape public services and achieve social good
- Working in a policy or delivery role in the public or third sector, and looking for a fast-paced environment applying your experience to a range of clients
- Working in politics, public affairs or communications and looking to work directly with local and national governments to define long-term strategy and write policy
- Looking for a career combining tangible impact with strategy, analysis and policy research.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Expertise in one more of the areas that we currently work in
- A relevant degree or professional qualification
- Experience working in a relevant consultancy role or equivalent
- Track record of successful business development and bid writing
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of managing partners and clients to successfully deliver consultancy assignments and/or innovation projects.
About Urban Foresight
Urban Foresight is the UK’s leading place-based innovation consultancy. We’re a purpose driven business that works with ambitious clients around the world on projects to improve lives, protect the environment and deliver new economic opportunities.
Our success is based on a multi-disciplinary team with shared values and diverse expertise across a range of sectors. We think deeply about how to turn big ideas into actions that can have a lasting and transformational impact.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about sustainability and innovation, excited about what we do, and keen to contribute to our mission to make good things happen.
How to apply
Applications should be made in the form of a full CV and covering statement sent to email@example.com by 7th June 2022.
Please indicate in your covering statement why you want the job, your salary expectations, and notice period.
Urban Foresight strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.